Prep Time: 5 minutesCooking Time: 15 minutes Yields: 3 servings
- 2 cups leftover brown rice
- ¼ cup water, rice milk or coconut water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- Add rice, liquid, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt to a pan and cook over medium-low heat.
- Add apple and mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Continue cooking for about 10 minutes or until the apple is soft.
- Enjoy hot.
- You can use any leftover grain in place of the rice.