This healing drink is perfect if you feel like you're coming down with a cold, already have one, or are surrounded by people who are sick. You can also drink it to relieve mild stomach upset.
Healing Ginger Tea
Yields: 1 serving
- 1-1.5 cups water
- 1 inch of fresh ginger root (1-2 tbsp chopped)
- Juice of 1/2-1 lemon (1-2 tbsp)
- Stevia, to sweeten (optional)
- Boil water while you prepare the rest of the ingredients
- Peel and chop the ginger
- Place ginger in a mug and pour hot water over it (I used 2 tbsp ginger for 1.5 cups of water, but you can adjust)
- Let the ginger steep for 5-10 minutes to bring out the flavor
- Add lemon (1/2 lemon yields about 1 tbsp juice, I used the entire lemon but you can use more or less depending on how lemony you want it to taste)
- Add 5 drops of liquid stevia (or sweetener of your choice, raw honey would be 2nd preferred option especially if you have a sore throat)
- Stir and enjoy!
- For a stronger ginger flavor, grate the ginger instead of chop it. Only use 1-2 tsp grated for 1-1.5 cups water.
- If you're really knocked down with the cold or flu and need to boost your immunity big time, add a clove of garlic (peeled and crushed) and a tiny bit of cayenne pepper (a little goes a long way). This will warm you up (it might even make you sweat!), clear up your sinuses and help fight infections.
YOUR NEW FAVORITE KITCHEN TOY
Lemon Squeezer: I use this every morning to make my lemon water and throughout the day for other recipes. I love it because I can extract tons of juice without the seeds coming out and using it also saves my fingers from getting messy. I've had mine for years and highly recommend it! Get yours today!