This will hit the spot if you're looking for a small snack or dessert. Its smooth consistency reminds me of pumpkin pie filling (sans the cream, eggs, and sugar). The pumpkin is packed with beta carotene and fiber, while the sunflower seed butter (or almond butter) adds healthy fat and protein.
The prep is easy. All you need is a few basic pantry ingredients, a bowl and a spoon. The fanciest kitchen equipment you'll need are measuring spoons and a can opener!
Pumpkin Pie Pudding
Yields: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp sunflower seed butter or almond butter
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Stevia (I used 16 drops, but feel free to adjust as needed...you can also use any sweetener of your choice, e.g. maple syrup, honey)
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl in the order listed
- Stir with a spoon until smooth and well combined
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge to chill and eat later
- Make sure the only ingredient in the canned pumpkin is "pumpkin" - 100% pure pumpkin is different from "pumpkin pie filling" which is loaded with sugar.
- Warning: This is NOT a sexy-looking snack. It's brownish and kind of looks like baby food. Just roll with it.
Use organic ingredients when possible