...also known as my "Recipe? Who needs a recipe?" recipe.
- Extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Your favorite veggies (preferably organic)
- Cooked quinoa (I use my rice cooker for this...it's amazing! 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water)
- Your favorite spices
- In a big pan, saute your favorite veggies with oil of your choice (I used carrots, red pepper, collard greens, green onion, garlic, and ginger and sauteed them in olive oil)
- Add cooked quinoa to the veggie mixture
- Add your favorite spices (I used curry, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, a pinch of sea salt and Braggs Liquid Aminos)
- Mix them up
I spooned the mixture into 5 glass Pyrex bowls so now I have lunch for the week.
Cooking at home is all about having fun and being creative. You don't need a recipe...just fresh ingredients, a variety of condiments to experiment with, and the satisfaction that cooking for yourself is much healthier and more fulfilling than Lean Cuisines, pre-made shakes, meal replacement bars, or whatever mysterious "food" someone is handing to you in the drive-thru.