I’m always on the hunt for new running music.
If you see me running and want to get my attention, wave or throw something at me because I am usually in my own little world, sucked into whatever motivational anthem is coming out of my headphones.
Ever since middle school when I first entered the world of mix tapes, I’ve been obsessed with making playlists.
Whether it’s to accompany a particular mood (does anyone else have a "cry mix"?) or a particular activity (sooo many driving mixes), I love curating the perfect combination of songs.
When selecting running music, my method is a little...unconventional.
I run in place wearing headphones while previewing the song to make sure the beat is exactly how I want it. You laugh, but it works!
For me, the music I listen to can make or break a workout. It's the difference between cutting a run short or going for twice as long so it's gotta be good. I let it dictate the length of my workout way more than I should, but knowing its impact guarantees a solid workout just about every time.
This season’s playlist consists mostly of upbeat tunes featured in shows or movies and despite the fact that I’ve never watched an episode of Glee from start to finish, I’ve added a bunch of their songs because they are so damn catchy!
I hope you enjoy these songs as much as I do.
Here's 45 minutes of workout tunes!
- You Keep Me Hangin’ On (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
- Edge of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks
- Gloria (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
- Holding Out for a Hero (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
- I Like to Move It (Calimocho Mix) - Power Music Workout (not on Spotify)
- Get Ready for This (Calimocho Mix) - Power Music Workout (not on Spotify)
- Everything is AWESOME!!! - Tegan and Sara (feat. the Lonely Island)
- Immortals - Fall Out Boy
- It’s Raining Men - Geri Halliwell
- Born This Way - Lady Gaga
- Edge of Glory (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
- I’m Still Standing (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
I'm new to Spotify but you have an account you can check out the songs below:
What are your favorite songs to run or workout to? I'd love to hear them! Share in the Comments section below!
GET FREE EMAIL UPDATES!
Did you like this post? If so, sign up below to get the latest recipes, articles, and updates from the site delivered straight to your inbox so you don't miss a single post.