This recipe is unbelievable! Blondies without flour, eggs or oil? Who knew that was even possible?! You will be so surprised at how chewy and fudge-like they are. You would never even guess that the main ingredient is chickpeas!
Yields 15-20 squares
- 1 1/2 cups Chickpeas (1 can, drained and rinsed) (250g)
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Sucanat (dehydrated cane juice...I'm sure this recipe will taste great with any sweetener, like raw honey or maple syrup)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seeds (aka Flaxseed Meal)
- 1/4 cup Organic Peanut Butter (make sure the kind you get does not have and added oil or sugar)
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips (This brand is my favorite because it's gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Blend all ingredients (except chips) in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into a medium bowl and mix in the chocolate chips
- Transfer mixture into a greased 8×8 pan or pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes. You want the blondies to look a little undercooked when you take them out, because they'll firm up as they cool, and you don't want them to get hard.
- Remove and let cool. Cut into squares. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from the one posted on ChocolateCoveredKatie.com