These simple bites of deliciousness are great for dessert or even a snack for travel. All you need is one or two to satisfy your sweet tooth! The best part? They can be made raw, vegan and gluten-free. The chocolate chips I use are even dairy-free!
Yields: Approximately 18 cookie bites (1/2 tbsp portions)
- 3 Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips (To make the recipe Raw, use Cacao nibs. To make the recipe vegan, I like these Enjoy Life dairy-free, soy-free, vegan mini chocolate chips, and if you can tolerate dairy, feel free to use your favorite chocolate chips as long as they are small --bigger chocolate chips will only work if you make the bites bigger than the 1/2 tbsp serving)
- Place dates, cashews and sea salt in a food processor fitted with an S blade
- Process until it reaches a dough-like consistency
- Transfer dough mixture into a medium bowl and add the chocolate chips
- Mix well with your hands
- Roll into balls (1/2 tbsp each) and place onto a baking sheet or parchment paper
- Place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes or refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving
- Stick a toothpick in each cookie bite for an easy-to-pick-up version
- Instead of rolling them into balls, flatten dough with your hands or a rolling pin and cut dough into rectangular bars. Wrap individually in saran wrap for a portable snack.