This Chocolate Peppermint Protein Green Smoothie is delicious! It reminds me of Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies or mint chocolate chip ice cream. Within minutes of drinking it, I had an instant energy boost (from the cacao). Enjoy for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a dessert.
Chocolate Peppermint Green Smoothie
Yields: 1 Serving
- 1.5 c water
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (my favorite is Sunwarrior)
- 1 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder (I like Navitas Naturals)
- 1 frozen banana (chopped)
- 1 cup organic spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 2 drops doTERRA peppermint essential oils (or any other brand that's safe to ingest), peppermint extract, or fresh mint
- Put ingredients in blender and blend until smooth
- Serve in your favorite glass and enjoy!
Bonus Tip: Pour smoothie into a mason jar. If you don't finish it, you can just put the cap on & put it back in the fridge to enjoy later!