I have a tendency to eat a lot of the same meals week after week. When I find something I like, I will keep eating it until I get sick of it. For instance, I've been making my Sweet Potato Butternut Squash Soup every single week for about the last 3 months. It's so ridiculously good! Some days I'd drink it like soup and other days, I'd mix it with veggies as if it were a sauce.
Last week, I decided to branch out and see what would happen if I used the same recipe but swapped out the sweet potato with a regular potato and replace the butternut squash with a head of cauliflower.
The result was delicious!
Creamy comfort food that also doubles as a sauce for chicken, veggies, or grains. Veggies for the win! I hope you enjoy it.
**TIME SAVING TIP: Prep your veggies ahead of time (e.g. the day before) so when you're ready to make the soup, all you have to do is toss them in the stock pot. Easy!
Creamy Cauliflower Potato Soup
Yields: 4-6 16-oz servings
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 large yukon gold potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil, coconut oil, butter, or ghee (don't use butter or ghee if vegan or dairy-free)
- 1 14-oz can full-fat coconut milk (must be canned and must be full fat -this is what makes it so creamy!)
- 3-4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth to make vegan/vegetarian)
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil/butter/ghee in a large stock pot
- Add onions and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until tender
- Add potato, cauliflower, coconut milk, and broth
- Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer (low to medium heat) and cook for about 25-35 minutes or until veggies are tender
- Turn off the stove and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Serve immediately or portion into containers or mason jars to enjoy later
If you're a soup fan, a hand blender will make your time in the kitchen much easier and more enjoyable! This is the one I use...it's awesome: