Here are 5 reasons why this recipe kicks butt:
IT'S FILLING: Between the protein from the protein powder, the fat (the healthy kind!) from the coconut milk, and the fiber from the chia seeds, this will keep you satisfied and full for hours!
IT'S HEALTHY ENOUGH FOR BREAKFAST: I originally made this because I wanted something sweet, but quickly realized that this is more than just a snack or dessert. It's a great way to start the day
- YOU CAN MAKE IT AHEAD OF TIME: It lasts about 3-4 days in the fridge.
- NO REHEATING NECESSARY: Which is key if you're impatient :) Also, it's a great option of a meal/snack to take with you to work if you don't have access to a microwave or a stove.
- THE INGREDIENTS ARE SIMPLE: There's only 5 main ingredients and I usually have all of them on hand so no grocery shopping necessary.
Chocolate Protein Chia Pudding
Yields: 3-4 servings
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 can (12-14 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp chocolate protein powder (or cacao/cocoa powder)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- Combine all ingredients in a small container with a tight-fitting lid
- Shake really well
- Pour into 3-4 small bowls or ramekins
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or feel free to leave it in the fridge overnight if you want to eat it the next day)
- Remove from refrigerator and enjoy!
Makes for a more filling snack or meal (add toppings after removing from the fridge):
- Coconut shreds or flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1/4-1/2 cup berries
- 1-2 tbsp hemp seeds
Chia pudding will last 3-4 days in the fridge.