I am a huge fan of recipes that don't require use of an oven. Because coconut oil solidifies in cool temperatures, all you need is a freezer or refrigerator to make this simple dessert recipe stick together. This recipe takes only about 15 minutes from start to finish!
Coconut Almond Butter Bites
Yields: 12 servings (1 tbsp each)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup almond butter (creamy) - I prefer roasted almond butter that contains only roasted almonds + salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Stevia (to taste, about 1/8-1/4 tsp powdered stevia or 5-10 drops liquid stevia)
- Sea salt (to taste, but can possibly skip if your almond butter already contains salt...try it first before adding)
- Put all ingredients (except coconut) in a medium bowl and mix together with a spoon. Mix until smooth.
- Add coconut and mix again until well-combined
- Form into 1 tbsp balls or shapes.
- Place onto parchment paper or onto a baking sheet.
- Place in freezer for at least 10 minutes to cool and harden.
- Store remaining bites in freezer (if you have any left!)