I make these all the time and not only are they tasty, but the protein, fat, and "bulk" makes them very satisfying. Enjoy these simple pancakes at any time of day!
Easy Veggie Pancakes
Yields: 1 Serving
- 1 cup veggies, peeled & shredded (try zucchini, yellow squash, sweet potato, and/or carrots)
- 1 egg
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- Spices (try Italian seasoning, thyme + rosemary, or cumin + curry + paprika)
- Almond meal or flax meal
- Squeeze excess moisture from veggies (you can use a paper towel, your hands, a nut milk bag, or cheesecloth)
- Place 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil into a pan on medium heat (enough oil to cover entire pan when melted)
- In a medium bowl, combine veggies, egg, salt, pepper, and spices.
- Using your hands, form mixture into balls.
- Coat each veggie ball in almond meal or flax meal (optional)
- Place each veggie ball on the pan and use a spatula to flatten them out into patties.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes before flipping onto the other side. Cook for another 2-4 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel to remove any excess oil before serving.