Low in sugar, gluten-free, easy to make and satisfies that need for something bread-y and carb-y without causing your insulin levels to spike off the charts or waistline to expand.
It's worth noting that these are not the fluffy pancakes you're used to. They are fairly dense, but makes for a filling breakfast or snack with a higher protein and healthy fat profile than your typical pancake. (Note: Recipe will be higher in sugar if using raw honey or maple syrup.)
Gluten-Free Blueberry Protein Pancakes
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 8 drops stevia
- Sea salt (tiny bit, to taste)
- 1/4 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- In a small bowl, whisk egg.
- Add almond meal, cinnamon, stevia, and sea salt. Mix together with a fork.
- Lastly, add blueberries and mix with a fork. Mixture will be thick.
- Add mixture to lightly greased pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately. Top with coconut oil, pure maple syrup, raw honey, organic butter or plain Greek yogurt.
- Instead of blueberries, try raspberries!