You'll never believe these are gluten-free! Great snack to bring to a party or to serve as dessert on Thanksgiving. You can serve in slices as Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread, but I preferred cutting them into bite-size squares. They were a hit at the Thanksgiving Eve dinner party I attended tonight!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bites
Yields 16 servings
- 4 eggs (pasture-raised or free-range is best)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup melted melted grass-fed butter or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs, pumpkin, maple syrup, and butter together in a large bowl. Stir in coconut flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt. If you have a high-speed blender like the Vitamix, feel free to throw all the ingredients in and blend until smooth and then transfer into a bowl.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 casserole dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool, cut into 16 squares, and serve.
- Replace the chocolate chips with walnuts or pecans
- Omit the chocolate chips completely- still tastes great without!
Adapted from the "Paleo Pumpkin Pie Spiced Muffins" recipe posted on Primally Inspired