I came up with this recipe when I found myself hungry, craving greens, and with a nearly empty fridge.
I call this a Kale Avocado Pantry Salad because all of the ingredients, with the exception of the kale and avocado, are my pantry staples.
Salads don't have to be complicated or take a long time to prepare. With a pantry stocked with healthy essentials, you can create a simple, quick, and delicious salad with only two ingredients that need to be purchased ahead of time.
Kale Avocado Pantry Salad
Yields: 1 serving
- 2 cups Kale
- 1/4 Avocado (peeled, de-seeded and chopped)
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Hemp seeds
- Dash of Sea salt
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
- Remove stems from the kale leaves and discard (either use a knife to cut the leaves off the stem or run your thumb and forefinger down the stem to remove the leaves)
- Slice kale leaves into ribbons
- In a medium bowl, combine kale, avocado, and sea salt. Massage with your hands until wilted
- Add the apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, and hemp seeds
- Mix well (if you have tongs, those work great)
- Serve and enjoy!