My cousin, Debbie, made this green smoothie for her adorable 3 and 5 year old girls and they thought it was delicious! They loved the fact that it looked like grass and appropriately named it the "Front Lawn" :) I had to see what all the hype was about so I made it myself and my oh my...this smoothie is a tasty one!
The sweetness of the mango and banana completely covers up the bitter "green" taste of the kale. Debbie said she made it using her immersion hand blender so instead of using my high-speed Vitamix blender like I usually do, I used my hand blender this time and it worked GREAT! No pieces of kale floating around or chunky smoothie bits.
Kid-Approved "Front Lawn" Green Smoothie
Yields: 1 serving (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened, plain)
- 1/2 cup frozen mangoes
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup kale (discard the stems and use the chopped up leaves)
- Put all ingredients in a blender in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- 1 serving protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1-2 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 serving greens powder