This cooling, cleansing, and refreshing dish is wonderful for the summer and an attractive option to bring to potlucks or serve at dinner parties.
Lime Ginger Summer Slaw
- 1/2 head Purple Cabbage, shredded (a food processor with a shredding blade is ideal, but you can also manually shred with a knife or a mandolin)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp Flax Seed Oil
- 4 tsp Tamari
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 Lime, juiced (approximately 3 tbsp of juice)
- 7 drops of liquid Stevia
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seed oil, tamari, ginger, lime juice, and stevia to make the dressing. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and cilantro. Toss until fully covered (tongs work great for this)
- Serve and enjoy!