Sushi without rice AND fish? Are you crazy? The answer is Yes and Yes! Give this recipe a try, it's delicious!
- 1 Package Nori
"RICE" INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS
You’ll need at least 4 pieces of nori to accommodate the amount of “rice” this yields. Feel free to use fewer ingredients for the "rice" mixture. The amount is up to you, as long as you use a 1:1 ratio of cauliflower and parsnip.
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups parsnip
- Salt, to taste
- 2 heaping Tbsp of nut or seed butter (almond butter, tahini, sunflower seed butter or a combination)
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- A little lemon juice
- Put cauliflower and parsnip in food processor and blend until they’re the size of rice
- Mix the other ingredients by hand.
Feel free to use whatever vegetables you’d like. Make sure they’re sliced thinly length-wise. (My favorites below)
- Red and/or yellow bell peppers
- Sprouts (any kind you want, I typically use alfalfa or broccoli sprouts)
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Put the sprouts on the nori sheet first, covering ¼-1/2 of the sheet
- Put 4-5 Tbsp. of the “rice” on top of the sprouts.
- Place the veggies on top of the “rice, with the avocado on the very top
- Roll it up as tightly as possible.
- Wet the top part of the nori to seal the roll
- Wait at least 5 minutes before cutting to ensure that it doesn’t fall apart!
- Cut the nori roll into 6 equal parts.