My friends call these "Emily's Balls".
This is a recipe I came up with that doesn’t require exact measuring. It is quick, easy, and only requires 3 ingredients! Experiment and you’ll find the balance that works best for you. Have fun with it!
- Raw almonds or walnuts (ground in a food processor)
- Dates (soaked)
- Honey (optional)
- Chia seeds (optional)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Grind nuts in food processor until fine
- Add dates, honey, and sea salt to food processor.
- You’ll want the mixture to be sticky enough to form a dough. If it’s too dry, add more dates or honey. If it’s too wet, add more nuts.
- Remove mixture and place in a bowl. Roll mixture into balls (about the size of ping pongs) and put aside.
- Serve as is
- Chill in freezer or refrigerator then serve
- Put onto a cookie sheet and place in the oven at 350 F degrees. Remove when they’re at the desired temperature or consistency
To make several types of desserts out of the same mixture, try the following varieties…
- Add cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice then blend while mixture is still in food processor
- Add cacao powder then blend while mixture is still in food processor
- Roll balls in shredded coconut
- Make a thumb print in each ball to flatten (looks more cookie-like this way)