I was in New York earlier this week visiting friends and family (and getting to meet my brand new little nephew!) and on my first night there, my mom prepared the most delicious salmon for dinner.
So naturally I had to ask her for the recipe, which she effortlessly shared from memory.
It consisted of only 3 ingredients and she baked it in the toaster oven which took way faster than using a regular-sized oven.
Because of its smaller size, the toaster oven cooks the salmon much faster which means that dinner is on the table in just minutes!
Note that the measurements are more of an approximation, not an exact amount. You can get an idea of how much thyme to use from looking at the photos below and the maple syrup is a drizzle :) A lot depends on how big the filets are so use your best judgment!
3-Ingredient Maple Thyme Salmon (in the Toaster Oven!)
Yields 2-3 servings
- 2-3 filets of salmon, wild-caught preferred (amount is up to you but you'll want the amount to fit the toaster oven tray - if you are cooking for more people, a regular-sized oven will be your best bet)
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp dried thyme
- Pre-heat toaster oven to 350F degrees for 5 min**
- Line your toaster oven tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy clean-up
- Place your salmon skin side down on top of the foil/parchment, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with thyme
- Place tray with salmon into the toaster oven and bake for 7-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon. If it's a super thin piece, start checking if it's done after 6 minutes.
- You'll know it's done when you stick a fork in the salmon and it starts to fall apart. It'll have a flakey consistency.
- Transfer salmon onto a plate and serve immediately
**If using a regular oven, the instructions above are the same except the baking time will take 15-20 minutes
You May Also Enjoy...