I like fast food. A LOT. Whoa whoa whoa, I'm not talking about golden arches, drive thrus, combo deals, or super sizing. No no, not THAT kind of fast food :-) I'm talking about food that takes little to no prep time, little to no cooking time, and goes from Ingredients to Tasty Meal in under 10 minutes.
I've been on a fast food kick lately. Was out of town last weekend and haven't had as much time for food prep as usual, so I've been resorting to my pantry staples this week. The good news is that as a result, I discovered these beauties and they are delicious, if I do say so myself. The rosemary/thyme combo or the addition of the dill is spectacular. I can't decide which spice I like better!
While I do eat a mostly plant-based diet, I do eat animal products every once in a while. And while I usually opt for fresh ingredients, it's nice to have a few cans of food on hand when I'm short on time or haven't made it to the grocery store.
So here it is, my speedy salmon patties that have gotten me thru the week. Not only are they yummy, but they keep me satiated for hours so I can go about my day without thinking about food all the time! Enjoy!
Yields: 1-2 salmon patties
- 1 6-oz can wild Alaskan Salmon (drained)
- 1 organic free-range egg
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/8-1/4 tbsp dried Rosemary + Thyme -OR- 1/4 tbsp Dill (the spices totally MAKE the meal!)
- Dash of Sea Salt (optional - if your salmon already contains added salt, skip it)
- Combine salmon and egg in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture in a pan and cook at medium to high heat for a few minutes. Flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve with veggies, break into pieces and add to your salad, or for instant "fast food", serve with 2 tbsp of guacamole
- Instead of flaxseed meal, use almond meal
- Add crushed raw walnuts to the mixture <-- My new favorite addition to this recipe!
- Instead of rosemary/thyme or dill, keep it simple by just adding black pepper