This new smoothie I came up with is low in sugar, high in protein, rich in antioxidants and will boost your metabolism, lower your cholesterol and improve your immune system. It's mild in flavor, but oh so healthy! Give it a try!
Antioxidant Protein Smoothie
Yields: 1 Serving
- 1 cup green tea (I used Yogi Tea Green Tea Super Antioxidant)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Vega Energizing Smoothie - Vanilla Almondilla)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 frozen acai smoothie packet or 1/2 cup frozen organic raspberries
- A few drops of stevia, to sweeten as needed (I used NuNaturals Stevia)
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 1 scoop greens powder, optional (I used Amazing Grass Superfood Orange Dreamsicle)
- Put ingredients in a blender in the order listed
- Blend and drink immediately
- Try pea, hemp, or rice protein (or any combination thereof) containing under 5g (preferably closer to 2-3g) sugar. I haven't tried plain or chocolate flavors, but vanilla tastes great in this recipe.