Whether you're gluten-intolerant, lactose-intolerant, vegan, or just looking for a healthier alternative to traditional pizza, you've come to the right place!
In the pizza guide below, I've listened different options for you to explore for each component of your pie. With this many pizza combinations and varieties, you'll never get bored and this healthier version ensures that you won't feel bloated or disgusting after eating it.
Step 1: Choose your Crust
- Store-bought pre-made gluten-free crust (e.g. Udi's brand) or mix (e.g. Bob's Red Mill brand)
- Almond Meal Crust
- Gluten-Free Tortilla (e.g. Brown rice tortilla, Teff tortilla, Corn tortilla)
Step 2: Choose a Sauce
- Pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- Tomato/Marinara (homemade or store-bought)
- Salsa (homemade or store-bought)
- Tomato Paste mixed with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and sea salt
Step 3: Choose your Toppings (sliced, option to lightly steam or sauté first)
- Bell Peppers
- Swiss Chard
Step 4: Add your Cheese (optional)
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Goat Cheese
- Feta Cheese
- Daiya Cheese (vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, casein-free, lactose-free)
Step 5: Assemble!
- If using store-bought pizza crust, read the directions regarding recommended cooking method
- If using homemade almond meal crust, add toppings and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese melts
- If using tortilla crust, you can bake it in the oven or an even faster way is to cook on a skillet at medium heat, covered, until the cheese melts (pictured below)
- Recommendation: Sauté some of the vegetables before adding to the pizza crust (especially onions, bell peppers, mushrooms)