These little bite size snacks make for great appetizers. Guaranteed to be a big hit at your next dinner party or potluck! You can also try the Spicy Bean Filling on its own as a tasty dip for sliced veggies or crackers.
TO MAKE THE SQUASH WRAPS
- You can use yellow squash or zucchini for these. Run the squash through a mandoline to produce uniform slices. Set aside.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SPICY BEAN FILLING
This was one of those recipes where I didn't measure! Start with 1/4 tsp of the spices, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1 tbsp lemon juice (1/2 lemon). Add more according to your individual taste preferences.
- 1 can beans (Great Northern Beans or White Beans), rinsed
- Onion powder
- Regular paprika
- Smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Add ingredients for Spicy Bean Filling to food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Take one strip of squash (the "wrap") and spoon 1 tbsp of filling onto one end.
- Roll and secure squash and filling with one toothpick.