Want a healthier alternative to french fries? Try jicama fries! Jicama is a root vegetable that tastes like a cross between an apple and a potato. It's crispy and juicy when you bite into it raw and contains a high amount of Vitamin C.
This recipe is very quick and easy to prepare. All you need is a jicama and ingredients that you can find in your spice rack.
Yields 2-3 servings
- 1 jicama (peeled and cut into strips resembling french fries)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Cayenne pepper, if you want it spicier (optional)
- Onion powder (optional)
- Put jicama strips into a large bowl or a resealable plastic bag
- Coat with olive oil and toss
- Add remaining ingredients and toss until completely coated
- Can be served raw (as is) or put in the oven for about 10-20 minutes to make a hot version