Yesterday I completed my very first juice cleanse! I am pretty psyched about it and I hope you enjoyed reading about my experience doing the 3 Day Classic Reset from Ritual Cleanse.
Miss my previous posts? Start from the beginning!
- My First Juice Cleanse!(An overview of why the heck I'm doing this)
- Juice Cleanse: Day 1 of 3
- Juice Cleanse: Day 2 of 3
- Juice Cleanse: Day 3 of 3
Do you recommend it?
- Definitely! I was very pleased with the experience from start to finish. Their website was informative and easy to navigate, the ordering process was smooth, and I had no issues picking up my order in person. It was there waiting for me, ready to go! I even contacted the folks at Ritual Cleanse today and was met with extremely prompt and friendly customer service. One of the reasons why I was always hesitant to try a juice cleanse for the last couple of years was because I thought it'd be too hard and inconvenient, but doing the Ritual Cleanse instead of juicing myself made it so easy for me. My only responsibility was to drink each juice in the correct order approximately every 2 hours. Not having to think about going food shopping, making the juice, cleaning up, etc. was awesome, particularly because I was working about 12 stressful hours every day this week and the last thing I wanted to think about was what I was going to eat. You all know that I only mention products on my site that I have tried myself and would recommend to others and this is no exception.
Would you do it again?
- Absolutely! Though I think I would consider changing things up the next time around. While I would have no problem doing the 3 Day Classic Reset again, I would like to do the cleanse for more than 3 days next time (either 3 days with Ritual Cleanse and a couple of days juicing myself, or ordering 5 full days of juices from them). I would also consider trying out some of their other options, like their Custom Cleanse, Daily Juice orSeasonal Reset. I might also wait until the spring or summer when it makes more sense to consume something that will cool me down.
Any suggestions for a first timer?
- Have realistic expectations. The first day or two you might have a headache, experience low energy or feel hungry...or you might feel no difference at all. Everyone is unique and someone who might require a little more cleansing might have a different experience than someone who cleanses frequently and eats a fairly clean diet. Understand that this might be a bit challenging...and that's okay!
- Avoid or limit social situations if possible. Why put yourself in a situation that could potentially cause you to miss eating solid food, succumb to temptation or be the target of lots of questions? Keep it simple and set yourself up for success.
- Do it because you WANT to do it, not because you feel like you HAVE to do it. I bet you'll have a more enjoyable experience.
- Recruit a friend to join you. Having support can be very helpful when embarking on something new and different like a detox program.
- Connect with your reasons for doing it. Doing so will help you through any times when you're missing solid food or feeling too hungry. Reconnecting with the WHY will allow you to fully embrace the experience.
- Journal about your experience while you're going through it. Most of you know that I am a huge advocate of keeping a food journal and this is another example of that. While you're going through a juice cleanse, you might have some interesting insights and observations into your body or your behaviors. It's also a great way to compare how you felt on the first day with how you felt on the last day. Maybe the first green juice you drank was unbearable, but by Day 3, you were craving them! Write it down and see how you evolve through the process. I think you can really learn a lot about yourself and gain awareness into your relationship with food by journaling.