Woo hoo! Last day of my cleanse! That went by really fast. I feel like I could have done it without any hesitation for another 2-4 days as long as I'm as busy as I've been. My biggest challenge now is...what the heck am I going to eat tomorrow and Friday?! I was so used to not having to think about it!
5:25am: Woke Up
- Got 7 hours 25 min of sleep last night...took me 20 minutes to fall asleep instead of the usual 5 min or less. Woke up at 2am with a stomachache so drank some hot water and went back to sleep. I usually sleep really well, so not sure why I had such a rough night.
6:00am: 60 minutes Hot Yoga
- Another awesome class. Again, felt hungry when I got there but the feeling subsided by the time class was over.
8:45am: 2 big servings of hot water with lemon (with ½ lemon in each serving)
10am: JUICE #1 (Spinach, Romaine, Kale, Celery, Cucumber, Green Apple, Lemon)
12pm: JUICE #2 (Spinach, Romaine, Kale, Celery, Cucumber, Green Apple)
- Felt a lot more awake once I started drinking Juice #2
2pm: JUICE #3 (Spinach, Romaine, Kale, Celery, Cucumber, Green Apple, Ginger)
4pm: JUICE #4 (Alkaline Water, Lemon, Raw Agave, Cayenne)
5:45pm:1/2 of JUICE #6 (Alkaline Water, Raw Cashews, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla, Raw Agave)
- Skipped Juice #5 today. My stomach was starting to bother me this afternoon and the last thing I felt like having was more greens, so I had 1/2 of Juice #6 to hold me over. I had a weird starving-but-slightly-nauseous sensation where I didn't want to put anything in my body, but at the same time, keeping it empty was not making me feel any better. The 1/2 Juice #6 was perfect AND now I'll have an extra green juice to drink tomorrow morning :)
8:25pm:1/2 of JUICE #6 (Alkaline Water, Raw Cashews, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla, Raw Agave)
DAY 3 Notes & Observations
- Was a bit tired this morning and my mood wasn’t as elevated as usual (up until Juice #2). It could be from not getting my full 8 hours of sleep (and also having not slept through the night), work stress (busy getting everything organized before my last day...two days from now!), lack of Vit B and Vit D, or not consuming a lot of calories these last few days.
- There is something to be said about nutrient dense foods. For the last three days, I've been consuming approximately 800 calories of nutrient rich juices. Had I consumed 800 calories of nutritionally empty processed foods, I’d not only be starving all day, but I’d probably be craving something unhealthy to eat to make up for my nutritional deficiencies. However, because I was getting so many nutrients every day (and in liquid form which is easier for the body to assimilate), my body was getting what it needed so I was able to function at a high level on fewer calories.
- Started to feel bored with the juices today. The lack of variety was starting to get to me!
- A bit bummed that I’m going to have to prep my own food again tomorrow and Friday! I’ll be out of town for a few weeks starting Saturday, so I’ll have to be creative with my meals since I don’t want to buy a whole lot of groceries for only 2 days.