Oatmeal Pancakes (or Waffles)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10-20 minutes
- Yields: 2 servings (approx 10 pancakes total)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons oil (I like coconut oil)
- Place all ingredients, except oil, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Let stand a few minutes until batter thickens.
- If batter is too thick to pour easily, add some water.
- Heat oil in frying pan or skillet.
- Pour batter, by ¼ – ½ cup, into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- For waffles: Pour into a heated waffle iron and cook for 10 minutes.
- Try adding chopped walnuts to the pancake batter.
- Top with simple fruit syrup made by heating apple juice to almost boiling and stirring in kudzu root to thicken.
Recipe Courtesy of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition