The main flavor of Italian seasoning in this pâté reminded me of pizza, hence the name. Pâtés are great for mimicking that "meaty" feel in meatless dishes and make a great appetizer when served with crudites or crackers, or a satisfying entree when served on top of a romaine lettuce leaf or stuffed inside of a collard wrap (see this post for more ideas on how to create your own raw wrap)
Yields: 5/6 cups (1/2 + 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds (soaked 4-6 hours, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds (soaked 4-6 hours, rinsed and drained)
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice (approximately 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (or a mix of oregano, marjoram, thyme, basil, rosemary and sage)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until it reaches desired consistency (anywhere between completely smooth and mostly smooth with a slightly "chunky" texture)
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.