Last night, I invited two of my friends to my apartment for a raw food dinner.
I prepared a variety of wraps and fillings so they could make their own spring rolls, sushi rolls and burritos. It was fun to watch them get creative with different combinations and I think they really enjoyed it!
Afterward, they reported being full, but not in a "disgusting, sick way" like they would after a heavy, cooked meal. I think they were both surprised at how satisfied they could be just on raw food alone, particularly since they're so accustomed to eating meat at dinner time.
Sandwiches are SO five years ago...
Does bread make you bloated? Do you have a gluten-sensitivity? Are you a sandwich lover who is trying to reduce the amount of processed foods you eat? Incorporate raw wraps into your diet!
One of the things I love about raw wraps is that they're SO easy and you can use just about anything. Below, I've shared the ingredients we used last night and also included some other ideas for you to try:
- Romaine Lettuce leaves
- Zucchini (sliced into thin strips using a mandoline)
- Rice Paper
- Other ideas: Cabbage, Collard Greens, Swiss Chard
- Shredded Carrots
- Bean Sprouts
- Almond Sunflower Seed Pate
- Mint leaves
- Other Ideas: Avocado, shredded zucchini, red pepper, cucumber, other sprouts
- To start, we munched on carrots, celery, rice crackers and hummus.
- To drink, we enjoyed red wine and cucumber water.
- For dessert, we savored Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls and Goddess Bars leftover from Saturday's Potluck
- And to round out the evening, we laughed...A LOT. Don't forget, laughter is a very important part of the menu!