This recipe is a huge hit, especially during the holidays. I've made this pie for countless potlucks and people can't believe that there's no cream, sugar, artificial sweeteners, or baking involved! It's raw, gluten-free, and absolutely delicious. Crust Ingredients & Directions:
- 2 cups soaked pecans or soaked walnuts
- 1/2 cup dates (if they're too dry, soak them first)
- Dash of sea salt
- Blend the crust ingredients in food processor.
- Ingredients should stick together. If they don’t, add more dates. If mixture is too moist, add more nuts.
- Evenly distribute in the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate.
Filling Ingredients & Directions:
- 2 cups shredded pumpkin (or 1 can of organic pumpkin)
- 1 cup soaked dates
- 1/4 cup water
- Dash of vanilla
- At least 4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (adjust to taste)
- Organic maple syrup (optional – only add if you want to make the filling sweeter)
- Add the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to blend well.
- Pour mixture into crust
- Chill in the refrigerator or freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving.