I love salads but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for lettuce, spinach or other leafy greens. I threw together this concoction and it came out so good that I ended up eating it two more times that same week!
The healthy fat from the avocado filled me up, the nutrients from the raw veggies gave me a ton of energy, and the combination of the different flavors and textures totally satisfied my taste buds. Plus, it's 100% cleanse-friendly so you won't feel gross or bloated afterward!
Try this on a hot day to cool you down. It'll only take a couple of minutes to prepare and it won't break the bank either!
Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad
Yields 1-2 servings
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (washed & cut in half length-wise)
- 1 cup cucumbers (washed & chopped) - I used Persian cucumbers
- 1 avocado (peeled, de-seeded, and sliced...preferably ripe unlike the gross looking one in the photo below)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder (to taste)
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado in a container with a lid
- In a separate dish, whisk together the oil and vinegar
- Add the dressing, salt, pepper & garlic powder to the salad
- Cover and shake until well-coated
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate and save for later
- Add chicken or a hard-boiled egg to the salad for a complete meal