One of my favorite quick 'n' easy dinners is raw veggie tacos, but sometimes I need a little extra fat and "heaviness" in my meal to feel completely satisfied. This walnut filling totally fit the bill. Make a big batch on your food prep day and enjoy on your salads or raw wraps all week!
Walnut Taco Filling
Yields: 1 cup
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Combine ingredients in a food processor fitted with an S-Blade.
- Process until well mixed, but don't over process or else the oils from the walnuts will come out and you'll end up with something resembling walnut butter. Keep it a chunky consistency to give it that meaty mouth feel.
- Serve with veggies on top of a romaine leaf (raw tacos), inside of a collard leaf (collard wraps!) or inside of a nori sheet (sushi!)
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days