Looking for a dish that will satisfy your craving for cooling ice cream or creamy pudding? Then this recipe is for you! Feel free to dig in at any time of day because the nutrition profile of this delicious treat gets an A+. Go on, have it for breakfast...I dare ya ;-)
My taste tester (whose introduction to the raw, vegan, gluten-free world was practically non-existent until he spent a few hours with me food shopping and prepping food for the week just prior to tasting this recipe) was impressed that such simple ingredients could result in such a tasty dish and gave it his 100% approval. Now THAT'S saying something.
Chilled Chocolate Raspberry Pudding
Yields: 2 servings (1 serving = 1/2 cup)
- 1 banana (frozen <-- when your fresh banana is ripe, remove/discard peel and slice banana into fourths. Store sliced banana in a sealed baggie and freeze for at least 24-48 hours before using in this recipe.)
- 1/2 cup raspberries (frozen)
- 1/2 avocado (peeled and de-seeded)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Stevia or your preferred sweetener (to taste)
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Combine banana and raspberries in a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Process until smooth.
- Add avocado, cacao powder, vanilla extract, sweetener and sea salt. Process until smooth.
- Spoon mixture evenly into two small glasses or bowls (each approximately measuring 1/2 cup)
- Optional: Top with garnish(es) -- e.g. chia seeds, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, fresh raspberries
- Serve immediately and enjoy!