Are you in the mood for some smooth, creamy, cold, delicious, refreshing ice cream but don't want to feel heavy or gross afterward? Do you have a dairy intolerance or perhaps you're trying to cut dairy out of your diet? If so, this super easy Chocolate Soft Serve Ice Cream recipe is for you. It's the perfect summer treat that won't make your skin breakout or contribute to digestive distress like conventional dairy-based ice creams might.
It requires only 2 ingredients and less than 5 minutes of your time (including clean-up!)
2 Ingredient Chocolate Soft Serve "Ice Cream"
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 Banana (frozen*)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- Raw cacao nibs or dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor
- Blend until smooth (you might need to stop once or twice to scrape down the edges
- Top with raw cacao nibs or dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Serve immediately or place in freezer if you'd like a harder consistency
- Chocolate Raspberry or Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream: Add 1/2 cup berries and blend. Add 1-2 tbsp liquid (water, almond milk, or coconut milk) as needed to help blend.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter or Chocolate Almond Butter Ice Cream: Add 1 tbsp nut butter and blend.
- Protein-Packed Chocolate Ice Cream: Add 1/2-1 serving chocolate protein powder and blend.
- Optional Toppings: Top with shredded unsweetened coconut, gluten-free granola, or fresh fruit like banana, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries
* To Prepare Banana: Peel ripe banana and cut into fourths. Place in a resealable bag and put into the freezer. Freeze for at least 48 hours before using in this recipe. Click here for step-by-step instructions.