Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream was one of my favorite flavors of ice cream growing up, especially during the hot and humid New York summers. So naturally I had to make a healthier version :)
In less than the amount of time it'd take for you to drive to the grocery store or ice cream shop, you can whip up this tasty (and nutritious) version in the comfort of your own home.
This recipe requires fewer than 5 ingredients and less than 5 minutes.
Got kids? This is a great way to sneak spinach into their diet! (Shhh...)
Dairy-Free Mint Chocolate Chip "Ice Cream"
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 Banana (frozen*)
- 1 cup Spinach (loosely packed)
- Teeny tiny bit of Peppermint Extract (about 1/2 capful less than 1/8 tsp)...a little goes a long way!
- Raw cacao nibs or dairy-free chocolate chips
- Place banana, spinach, and peppermint extract in a food processor
- Blend until smooth (you might need to stop once or twice to scrape down the edges
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in raw cacao nibs or dairy-free chocolate chips
- Serve immediately or place in freezer for a few minutes if you'd like a harder consistency
* To Prepare Banana: Peel ripe banana and cut into fourths. Place in a resealable bag and put into the freezer. Freeze for at least 48 hours before using in this recipe. Click here for step-by-step instructions.