Gotta love desserts that are healthy enough to eat at any time of day! These delicious cookies don't require refrigeration either, so consider taking them to work with you or packing them in your carry-on if you're looking for a convenient snack while traveling. (Btw, they are waaay healthier than most of the bars on the store shelves!)
Chewy Coconut Cashew Cookies
Yields: 7 big cookies and 28 small cookies
- 1 cup super ripe mashed bananas (approximately 2 medium bananas or 3 small bananas)
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup cashew meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 tsp Grade B maple syrup (optional - adds additional sweetness)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Put all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with a spoon until well combined
- For big cookies, scoop out 1/4 cup of the mixture and form into balls with your hands. For small cookies, do the same with only 1 tbsp of the mixture.
- Place on 1-2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper and flatten to make into cookies.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes or until the edges brown. Start checking on them at 10 minutes (the smaller and thinner the cookie, the faster they’ll cook)
- Remove from oven and let cool for 3-5 minutes
- Enjoy immediately! Cookies will last a few days in a covered container (refrigeration is not necessary).
- To make bars instead of cookies, follow steps 1-2 and then pour the batter into a casserole dish greased with coconut oil or lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-20 minutes or until the edges brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 3-5 minutes. Use a knife to cut into bars. Enjoy immediately or save for later!