HEADS UP: This dessert is TINY (as I believe all desserts should be!) If you can't shake your desire for sweets and want a little something to take the edge off, you'll love this mini dessert.
It reminds me of Snickerdoodle cookies but with only a fraction of the sugar.
No Bake Cinnamon Cookie
Yields: 1 Serving
- 2 tbsp cashew meal (I get mine from Trader Joe's)
- 1/2-1 tsp maple syrup (ideally Grade B)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (I prefer virgin coconut oil for desserts, but any kind is okay)
- 1/4 tsp or less cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well combined
- Roll mixture into a ball and flatten into a cookie shape
- Put on a plate lined with parchment paper (this prevents the mixture from sticking onto the plate)
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes
- Remove from freezer, eat slowly, and savor every bite!
- If you're impatient, just follow step #1 and eat the mixture with a spoon. Heavenly!
- If you're impatient but still want to eat with your hands, roll mixture into a ball or cookie shape and eat it without putting it in the freezer. It'll be more crumbly than if you put it in the freezer, but yumtastic nonetheless.
- For a taste of the holidays, replace cinnamon with pumpkin pie spice.