If you've been following me for a while, you may have picked up on the fact that I'm a huge fan of tiny, single serving desserts (like my Almond Cinnamon Crunch, No Bake Cinnamon Cookie, Mini Coconut Dessert, and Toasted Pecan Dessert).
I'm also a fan of anything cookie dough (like these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls).
Back in my early twenties when my diet was out of whack, I had frequent, intense sugar cravings and the amount of sugary foods that I was able to consume in one sitting was alarming.
As I've improved my diet over the years to include more whole foods, more veggies, and less sugar, I've noticed that I don't crave sugar as often and I only need a small amount to scratch the itch.
This dessert recipe has turned into one of my favorites. It's TINY and you'll finish it in a couple of bites, but it will satisfy your desire for something sweet and indulgent.
It contains healthy fats to satisfy your cravings and it's low in sugar so it won't trigger an all out sugar binge.
This past February, I ate it almost every night for the entire month as my post-dinner dessert to signify the end of my eating for the night.
(And then I ran out of almond flour and decided to take a break. Currently this is what I'm enjoying for dessert.)
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (For One)
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 tsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp almond flour (NOT almond meal) - I like Bob's Red Mill brand and Trader Joe's sells almond flour too but I haven't tried theirs yet)
- Tiny bit of salt (I use Redmond Real Salt)
- 1/2-1 tbsp chocolate chips (my favorite is the mini chocolate chips from Enjoy Life)
- In a small ramekin, add the coconut oil, vanilla, and honey
- Mix with a spoon until well combined
- Next, mix in the almond flour and salt
- Lastly, mix in the chocolate chips
- Savor each bite and enjoy!
- If mixture is too liquidy, add more almond flour
- If mixture is too dry, add more coconut oil
- If mixture is not sweet enough, add more honey
Are you a cookie dough fanatic like I am? Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!
GET FREE EMAIL UPDATES!
Did you like this post? If so, sign up below to get the latest recipes, articles, and updates from the site delivered straight to your inbox so you don't miss a single post.