The other night after dinner, I was craving something sweet. Since I don't keep any pre-made sweets at home, I have to make dessert if I want dessert! So with only 4 ingredients, I came up with something simple that I'm going to share with you today.
The portion size is teeny tiny, but just enough to satisfy your taste buds.
What's awesome is that this dessert is high in fat and protein (so it'll fill you up) and it's cleanse-friendly (so you won't feel bloated or experience a sugar hangover afterward).
Toasted Pecan Dessert (for One!)
Yields: 1 serving
- 2 tbsp crushed pecans (I got mine at Trader Joe's)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Sweetener of your choice (to taste) - Use stevia to make it cleanse-friendly
- Heat a small pan on high heat and add coconut oil
- Once the oil melts, reduce heat to medium, add pecans, and stir so they are evenly coated
- Add salt and sweetener, stir some more
- After about a minute or so (you want the pecans warm but you don't want them to burn), remove from pan and transfer into a small bowl or ramekin
- Serve immediately and enjoy!