I just had the best workout and couldn't wait to reward my body with the nutrients it deserved. This smoothie has it all: Leafy greens, protein, antioxidants, everything you need to start your day. Don't be turned off by the green color. It's the color of energy and vitality! Drink up!
- 2/3 cup coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 serving protein powder
- 1 scoop berry greens
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 1 cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 8 drops of liquid stevia
- 2 huge handfuls of kale (I used lacinato or "dinosaur" kale)*
- Place all ingredients in a blender in the order listed (it's easier to blend when you put the greens in last).
- Blends until smooth
- Serve in your favorite glass and enjoy!
*If you are new to adding greens into your diet, use spinach (it's milder than kale) or use 1 huge handful instead of 2. I love the energy boost that leafy greens provide so I like to start my day with as many raw leafy greens as I can. I recommend you do the same! Adding more leafy greens to your diet will curb your sugar cravings throughout the day too.