Green smoothies don't have to be a big production. In less than the time it takes to brew a cup of coffee, you can whip up this delicious smoothie which will provide you with hours of natural energy. It's one of my favorite go-to smoothies when I am short on ingredients or time. I love drinking this before a workout because it fills me up without weighing me down. Enjoy!
- 8 oz unsweetened almond milk (original flavor)
- 1-2 handfuls of organic spinach (washed)
- 1 frozen banana*
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 tbsp flaxseed oil (optional)
- Combine ingredients in the blender, putting spinach in last.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
*When your banana is ripe, peel it and cut into fourths. Place in a zip-lock bag and place in the freezer. Freeze for at least 1 day. Now you have frozen bananas ready to go whenever you need them!